General information about the admission procedure and admission requirements for 2016/2017
To apply for study at FPE of UWB, applicants must sign up for study at FPE and pay a fee of 500 CZK for the admission procedure.
Date: 15 January 2016 from 8:00 to 4:00 p.m.
For more information on the Open Day, see this document.
- Do you need more information about opportunities for study at the Faculty of Education at the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen?
- Do you want to specify the information about entrance examinations?
- Are you interested in the content and course of a chosen field of study?
- Do you need to know what the possibilities for student accommodation are?
- Have you already studied at another university and do you not know whether further studies will be free?
- Have you got more questions?
Write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to respond. Through the above address you can arrange a personal consultation.
The Combination of the major and minor fields in the Bachelor’s Degree Study
The Bachelor’s Degree Study at FPE of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen is a single-subject study. But because the follow-up Master’s Degree Study Program for teachers is a two-subject study, students have the opportunity to prepare for the second field in the course of the Bachelor’s Degree Study. For most fields, then, they choose their main and minor subjects. Fields are then called the major pillar and the minor pillar. The candidate applies for the major pillar. Only later, as a student of the Faculty, at the beginning of the first year, do they choose their minor pillar.
But if the student decides to study only one field and does not assume, therefore, that they would continue in the follow-up two-subject teacher training study, they choose a specialized extension module within their major pillar. Thus they will be more of a single-subject specialist with the aim to work, after graduation, in non-teaching professions or continue studying in a follow-up non-teacher training study program at one of the other faculties in the Czech Republic or abroad.